Dallas Minor in Consumption of Alcohol Attorneys

If you’re under 21, and you consume alcohol, you could be charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.  However, if the alcoholic beverage was consumed within view of your parent or guardian, you cannot be prosecuted for minor in consumption of alcohol.  For a first offense, consumption of alcohol by a minor is a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by a fine only of up to $500.  If you receive deferred adjudication (i.e., “non-conviction”) probation, you are required to complete eight to twelve hours of alcohol-related community service.  If you’ve been previously convicted of consumption of alcohol by a minor, you must perform twenty to forty hours of community service.  However, if you’ve been previously convicted two or more times of minor in consumption of alcohol, you can be receive up to 180 days in the county jail, and a fine of up to $2000.

If you’ve been arrested or charged with minor in consumption of alcohol, you need serious legal help.  Call the criminal defense lawyers at Berlof & Newton, P.C.  Our attorneys each have over 15 years of experience in the practice of criminal defense law.  Free consultation.  Call us today at (214) 494-8990, or contact one of our attorneys directly by using the contact form.